High Point Observances Sunday 6/27
1)High Point observances will occur on 06/27/2021 at the Veterans monument in the High Point and Veterans Memorial State Park.
2) All desiring to attend should meet at the monument by 12:00 Noon.
3) The ceremony will start at 12:30.
4) The uniform of the day should be Legion casual, as the weather is always an unknown, and temperatures can range from the 60s to 90s, and it may be sunny or rainy. Rain or shine, the ceremony will go on.
5) Based on attendance, we may have the parade from the parking lot to the monument, but this depends upon attendance from multiple posts, and it is not currently known if the numbers present will support the parade. We hope so!
6) There will be a formal color guard whether or not we have the parade.
7) A program for the event is being written and will be provided not later than one week prior to the event, as we better know who will be present and participating.
8) We are not having the restaurant meal prior to the event, nor this year do we expect to be able to hold a bar-b-que at the Sussex Post, Post 213.
9) The Sussex Post will be open from 10:00 AM on the day of the event, until a minimum of 2 hours following the event, or as there are interested patrons. Libations and light snacks will be available.
Post 213 open for day from 10:00 AM
Muster at 12:00 at the monument
If a parade it will go off at 12:30 and take roughly 15 minutes so NLT 12:45 Posting of Colors
Followed by Memorial Service. A chaplain (ID to be established)will provide the Invocation)
National Anthem will be played, (Sung preferably if we have a qualified singer)
Pledge of Allegiance and Welcome – Myself, (John Hanson) as outgoing County Commander for Sussex County
Welcome to Sussex County (Speaker TBD)
Intro to State Park Official (Identity TBD) by Myself (John Hanson)
State Park Official Remarks
Intro of Department Commander Danny Dunn by R. Gengaro, County Commander Sussex County
Department Commander, remarks
Intro of Department Auxiliary Officer (May be the President, Auxiliary NEC, Department Vice President of Auxiliary), ID TBD
Department Auxiliary officer, remarks
Intro of SAL Detachment official, ID TBD by Gerry Sheard County DEC
SAL Official remarks
Address by R. Gengaro, PDC and current County Commander
Placing of Wreaths by Department Commander and Department Auxiliary Officer
American Legion Memorial Ritual
Salute to Colors, by Color Guard, ID TBD
Benediction by Chaplain
Retirement of Colors
After event all invited to Sussex Post 213 for libations, and light snacks
Share on Facebook: